POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray for Tile Generation : POV-Ray for Tile Generation Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray for Tile Generation
From: Glen Berry
Date: 21 Jun 2003 16:08:29
Message: <ftd9fvcnfksdb209qqvudb7kiugug6grp5@4ax.com>
There have been other povfiles written to create seamless tiles, but I
think the one I'm working on is a bit different. I'm posting a sample
of it's output.

The povfile (a small group of files, actually) takes an existing
image, slices it up, makes several copies of the slice, and arranges
them in a kaleidoscopic pattern. It can generate tiles based on
square, triangular, and hexagonal patterns. The example you see here
is triangular. It also generates 36 different output images for each
input image, giving you a nice variety to choose from.

Does anyone think it's interesting, or am I the only one?    :)

later,
Glen Berry

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Tile_Sample.jpg' (41 KB) Download 'Wallpaper.jpg' (212 KB)

Preview of image 'Tile_Sample.jpg'
Tile_Sample.jpg

Preview of image 'Wallpaper.jpg'
Wallpaper.jpg